Baptism Team Members:
We welcome anyone 16 years or older wishing to assist with the preparation for Baptisms. Our mission is to prepare the parents and godparents for the responsibility they accept in baptizing their children. This ministry provides our faith community with an opportunity to fulfill their responsibility by assisting in the preparation and celebration of Baptisms.
We meet and train new members as they volunteer.
If you are interested in being part of this team, please contact Deacon Al Casas at
Baptizing your child at St. Albert:
If you are seeking to have your child baptized at St. Albert, please attend the next available English baptism registration, which is scheduled as follows:
Saturday, June 15, 2013 in Room 208 at 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, August 17, 2013 in Room 208 at 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, January 25, 2014 in Room 208 at 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, March 15, 2014 in Room 208 at 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, May 17, 2014 in Room 208 at 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, July 19, 2014 in Room 208 at 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, September 20, 2014 in Room 208 at 10:00 a.m.
Suggest you bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate to Registration. You will be asked to fill out forms, provide Godparent names, and you will be provided with information on the required evening classes held at St. Albert and the two-day retreat held at the Catholic Charismatic Center. Baptisms will not be scheduled until the parents have completed all of the baptismal requirements.
Requirements for Godparents:
1. Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church.
2. Be 16 years or older (not a parent of the child being baptized).
3. Have received the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, and Reconciliation
4. If married, be married by the Catholic Church.
5. Two Godparents can be selected (one male and one female).
6. A designated Christian Witness can be selected, instead of a second Catholic Godparent,
but must be of the opposite sex of the Catholic Godparent.